St Luke’s Youth Group
Stay Updated on Our Socials!
ST LUKE’S YOUTH GROUP, RETURNS!
We will be returning to face-to-face youth group this Saturday evening. We will be having youth in the parish hall from 7 pm to 8:30 pm from the 17th of October 2020.
Unfortunately, because of COVID infection control measures, we will not be supplying dinner or snacks for the time being. All activities and games will be planned with social distancing measures in place. Despite these restrictions, we have a very fun evening planned.
Thank you to everyone who joined in our zoom sessions over the last few months. It was really great to continue to meet as a community during this time. To those who weren’t able to join us, we are looking forward to seeing you again.
It will be great to see everyone in person for the first time in 3 months.
Also if there are any friends or youth you know who might be interested in coming along please invite them.
The St Luke’s Youth Team
About Our Youth Group
St Luke’s Youth Group meets every Saturday evening during the school term from 6- 8 pm in the parish hall. It was started by a member in our community, who felt the presence and involvement of youth in our Parish community was absent, as there hasn’t been a Youth Group since 2009.
The Youth Group was established in 2018 and has grown from just 4 Members to 25 Members, and still increasing.
Our youth evenings begin with a quick board game or table tennis match while chatting and catching up together.
We then share a meal together and play games as a big group. We watch a video on a chosen topic which is then followed by small group discussions on the topic where we can ask the hard questions and seek answers together.
Our focus is on building a community of young people who share common beliefs that can journey through life together.
All events will be posted on the Parish Bulletin and the calendar, which is available from the Parish Office.
Every Sunday from 4-5 pm the youth who play musical instruments or sing meet to praise God together and to develop their skills to learn how to play together in a band.
If you are interested in coming along please contact the Parish Office on: Telephone: (02) 9773 9065
Youth Group Ministers
Our Youth group is Lead by many dedicated, passionate and faithful, Young Adults.
We have a mission to make God’s word known to all youth and the meaning of being part of the Catholic faith and example of Christ.
Our Youth Group team works closely with SYDNEY CATHOLIC YOUTH, to organise large Archdioceasean gatherings, such as the Y-FACTOR camp.
We are also part of the Western Region Youth Ministry, AWAKEN.
Follow their Facebook page, to stay updated on any upcoming regional Youth Rallys and come along to this free event night, which has a focus of strengthening the faith of our Youth.
- Parental Consent is REQUIRED to attend Youth Group events, under Federal Law. When your child first attends, they will be given a form to complete upon return.
- All our youth leaders undergo extensive Youth Ministry Safeguarding Training with the Archdiocese, sign codes of conduct and have current WWCC.
- Our dedicated Youth Leaders meet every week, to discuss the program and factor in risks involved, in accordance with ministry procedures.
- All risks, related to Youth Activities are assessed, in accordance with the safeguarding regulations of the Sydney Catholic Archdiocese.
- You can view the Archdiocesan Youth Regulations and safeguarding regulations HERE.
- Regulations in relation to parent involvement in all communications and social media are followed, as per the Safeguarding Policy of the Sydney Catholic Archdiocese
- If you have any concerns around this please Contact us: Telephone: (02) 9773 9065, or simply fill in the contact form above.