St Luke’s Youth Group Information
Stay Updated on Our Socials!
UPDATE TO ST LUKE’S YOUTH GROUP – 12TH OF APRIL 2020
Due to the Current Situation and NSW Government Regulations and Current COVID19 Restrictions,
St Luke’s Youth Group is meeting via an online conference, every Sunday from 10:30 am to connect with each other, play a game and reflect on the gospel reading for the week.
If you have a high school student who would like to join us, please contact the Parish Office or fill in the inquiry form below, with Parent/Guardian consent to join the Online meeting and our team will be in contact with you, to provide further information.
The Safeguarding of all Youth is our highest priority while online.
The St Luke’s Youth Team
Contact Our Youth Team!
You can see further details, regarding our normal sessions below:
St Luke’s Youth Group meets every second Saturday evening during the school term from 6- 8 pm in the parish hall.
Our youth evenings begin with a quick board game or table tennis match while chatting and catching up together.
We then share a meal together and play games as a big group. We watch a video on a chosen topic which is then followed by small group discussions on the topic where we can ask the hard questions and seek answers together.
We are currently working through the Chosen program, as part of our Youth Group Program.
Our focus is on building a community of young people who share common beliefs that can journey through life together.
All events will be posted on the Parish Bulletin and the calendar, which is available from the Parish Office.
Every Sunday from 4-5 pm the youth who play musical instruments or sing meet to praise God together and to develop their skills to learn how to play together in a band.
If you are interested in coming along please contact the Parish Office on: Telephone: (02) 9773 9065
About Our Youth Group
Our Youth group is Lead by many dedicated, passionate and faithful, Young Adults.
Our team: Christine, Luke, Owen and Victor are all passionate about making the message of God, known to our Youth and take their time, to explore innovative ways to do so.
We have a mission to make God’s word known to all youth and the meaning of being part of the Catholic faith and example of Christ.
Our Youth Group team works closely with SYDNEY CATHOLIC YOUTH, to organise large Archdioceasean gatherings, such as the Y-FACTOR camp.
We are also part of the Western Region Youth Ministry, AWAKEN.
Follow their Facebook page, to stay updated on any upcoming regional Youth Rallys and come along to this free event night, which has a focus of strengthening the faith of our Youth.
- Parental Consent is REQUIRED to attend Youth Group events, under Federal Law.
- All our youth leaders undergo extensive Youth Ministry Safeguarding Training with the Archdiocese, sign codes of conduct and have current WWCC.
- Our dedicated Youth Leaders meet every week, to discuss the program.
- All risks, related to Youth Activities are assessed, in accordance with the safeguarding regulations of the Sydney Catholic Archdiocese.
- You can view the Archdiocesan Youth Regulations and safeguarding regulations HERE.
- Regulations in relation to parent involvement in all communications and social media are followed, as per the Safeguarding Policy of the Sydney Catholic Archdiocese
- If you have any concerns around this please Contact us: Telephone: (02) 9773 9065, or simply fill in the contact form above.