St Luke’s Youth Group
Stay Updated on Our Socials!
Youth Group Returns in 2021. Stay Tuned!
Happy Social Distancing :)
About Our Youth Group
St Luke’s Youth Group meets every Saturday evening during the school term from 6- 8 pm in the parish hall. It was started by a member in our community, who felt the presence and involvement of youth in our Parish community was absent, as there hasn’t been a Youth Group since 2009.
The Youth Group was established in 2018 and has grown from just 4 Members to 25 Members, and still increasing.
Our youth evenings begin with a quick board game or table tennis match while chatting and catching up together.
We then share a meal together and play games as a big group. We watch a video on a chosen topic which is then followed by small group discussions on the topic where we can ask the hard questions and seek answers together.
Our focus is on building a community of young people who share common beliefs that can journey through life together.
All events will be posted on the Parish Bulletin and the calendar, which is available from the Parish Office.
Every Sunday from 4-5 pm the youth who play musical instruments or sing meet to praise God together and to develop their skills to learn how to play together in a band.
If you are interested in coming along please contact the Parish Office on Telephone: (02) 9773 9065
- Parental Consent is REQUIRED to attend Youth Group events, under Federal Law. When your child first attends, they will be given a form to complete upon return.
- All our youth leaders undergo extensive Youth Ministry Safeguarding Training with the Archdiocese, sign codes of conduct and have current WWCC.
- Our dedicated Youth Leaders meet every week, to discuss the program and factor in risks involved, in accordance with ministry procedures.
- All risks, related to Youth Activities are assessed, in accordance with the safeguarding regulations of the Sydney Catholic Archdiocese.
- You can view the Archdiocesan Youth Regulations and safeguarding regulations HERE.
- Regulations in relation to parent involvement in all communications and social media are followed, as per the Safeguarding Policy of the Sydney Catholic Archdiocese
- If you have any concerns around this please Contact us: Telephone: (02) 9773 9065, or simply fill in the contact form above.